In Pakistan, consumers have a legal right to obtain a refund from a business for goods purchased if the goods are faulty, not fit for purpose or don’t match the description. You may not include information in your listing or return policy which may mislead buyers about their rights. You must advise buyers that they may have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
If the buyer is requesting to return an item for “change of mind” (or “remorse”) reasons, your return policy will apply – including which party is responsible for return postage costs. You may at your discretion accept or deny a remorse return request if it falls outside your return policy.
You acknowledge that we may automate some aspects of the returns process, if no reply is received to a return request within 72 hours. You also acknowledge and agree that we may exercise our reasonable discretion to make a final decision on any returns where a buyer and seller cannot come to agreement.
You agree that you will:
- try your best to reply to the buyer within 72 hours to any return claims or disputes, if no response is received within 72 hours, ECO Marketplace will have to step in to find a solution;
- comply with the law relating to the contract between you and your customer, relating in particular to your obligations to provide full information and accept cancellation and returns (according to your policy). You can set your own returns and refunds policy from your Seller Panel.
- when you have an obligation to return money to a customer for any reason, you will do so as provided by your returns & refunds policy.
- in the event that a Product ordered is not available, you must tell your customer and offer a replacement product or refund any money paid;
- comply with the ECO Marketplace procedures relating to satisfaction of an order.
- provide information to us in respect of any claim for non-delivery and any dispute as to payment, so as to enable us to identify the possibility of fraud.
The selling procedure
- When setting up your shop, it is important that you set up your own terms and conditions for buyers, such as return & refund policy. You can do this from your Seller Portal, just go to your account settings and you will find your shop policy section. It’s important that you clearly specify the terms and conditions of the sale in your listing so that buyers know what to expect. Please make sure to include the following details in your listing:
- Return policy
- Shipping method, costs, and other information
- Taxes and any applicable government imposed fees
- Terms of the transaction
- ECO Marketplace is not responsible for the fulfilment of your contract to sell a Product.
- You will receive a message by email at the time of each sale, providing full information about that sale.
- You agree to tell us, through your Seller Portal, if at any time your supply is exhausted.